Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®; (ATMAT) is an external massage technique that guides internal abdominal organs into their proper position (with a focus on aligning the uterus) for optimum health and well-being. Maya massage improves organ function by releasing physical and emotional congestion from the abdomen. This improves the flow of the circulatory, lymphatic and nervous systems to prevent symptoms that can lead to chronic disease. Dr. Rosita Arvigo developed this technique combining her background as a Naprapathic physician with her extensive studies with her mentor, Don Elijio Panti, a Maya Shaman from Belize and Hortence Robinson, a Belizian midwife. The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®; combine modern science with traditional healing and wisdom to produce a holistic path to physical, emotional and spiritual well-being.
What types of symptoms may be addressed by ATMAT?
ATMAT involves the entire abdomen and pelvis to help improve:
- Urinary leakage (incontinence), frequent urinary tract infections, urinary urgency and frequency
- Bony pelvic and hip pain including postpartum, post cesarean and post gynecological surgery
- Lower back pain
- Fertility challenges
- Constipation, sluggish digestion, bloating
- Pelvic heaviness/fullness, cystocele, rectocele, pelvic organ prolapse
- Endometriosis, heavy periods
- Painful menstrual periods, PMS