The treatment of infertility with acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) dates back 2,000 years. These ancient, time-tested techniques improve fertility rates and support a woman’s whole body, unlocking greater potential for health, healing, and childbearing. The recommendations you receive and the changes that you make to promote your fertility have numerous health benefits, beyond childbearing.
JUST THE FACTS
In a 2007 study, researchers found that acupuncture may improve the quality of life in patients undergoing in vitro fertilization (IVF). Stress and anxiety is a predominate complaint in woman struggling with fertility and acupuncture excels at promoting a greater sense of ease and well being. It was also found that women receiving acupuncture reported significantly less abdominal pain, other pain, nausea, and stress two hours after egg retrieval compared to women receiving conventional analgesia.
Researchers from Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York reviewed recent studies and concluded that acupuncture helps to:
- Increase blood flow to the uterus, which improves the chances of an embryo implanting on the uterine wall
- Reduce anxiety and stress. The hormones that are secreted during stressful situations can significantly decrease fertility.
- Normalize hormone and endocrine systems that regulate ovulation, especially in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome.
- Positively affect the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis, which plays a key role in fertility.
- Regulate the menstrual cycle.
For an extensive look at the research on acupuncture for fertility, go here.